BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. Our ratings allow all market participants to price and manage risk. BeZero’s ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors, and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 100-strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from six continents.
BeZero is looking for a UI/Visual Designer to join our growing Product team. The product team already includes a senior designer. This design role will be focused on shaping the UI future of our ratings platform, BeZero Carbon Markets.
The team is an autonomous and empowered one. We’re looking for someone who can find practical, iterative, elegant solutions to design challenges; suggest design trade-offs when the time to market is paramount; and work with/communicate these to the product managers and engineers.
- Learn about and become the owner of our design system in Figma
- Liaise with marketing to ensure than the brand look and feel is implemented consistently
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to align design patterns to the code library
- Become the accessibility representative and evolve our designs to become more accessible
- Mock up prototypes in Figma
- Facilitate the work of other designers
- Collaborate with our product team to ship and improve features
- Provide support for user research sessions and learn about the needs of our users
You will be our ideal candidate if:
- You can/have…
- Use modern tools for collaboration and prototyping (Figma and Miro)
- Take initiative, learning new things and applying them
- Design with WCAG accessibility standards in mind
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about design patterns
- Familiarity with Material UI
- Great listening skills and ability to take detailed notes in user research sessions
- Understanding of typography and layout
- Experience with creating a Design System
Please know that even if you don’t have experience in all the areas above but think you could do a great job and are excited about building a great company culture, bringing transparency to the voluntary carbon market, and being part of a fast-growing team, we would love to hear from you!
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business.
- Ability to learn and develop alongside a range of sector specialists from the scientific, economic and business community
- Growth opportunities that come from working at a fast-paced VC-backed technology business
- Opportunity to work remote or in our Central London office space (Old Street) with flexibility to work from home 2 days a week + some flexibility over working location during the summer
- Regular social events
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance
Our interview process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Second interview(s) + skills test
- Final interview with senior management
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We are therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.